[Kde-extra-gear] Re: kdeextragear-1 make -f Makefile.cvs error

Klas Kalass klas.kalass@gmx.de
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 23:36:07 +0200

Am Sonntag, 7. Juli 2002 19:07 schrieb Dominique Devriese:
> Klas Kalass <klas.kalass@gmx.de> writes:
> > Am Sonntag, 7. Juli 2002 18:05 schrieb Rolf Magnus:
> > > make -f Makefile.cvs in kdeextragear-1 fails with:
> > >
> > > aclocal: configure.in: 921: macro `AM_PATH_OGG' not found in library
> > > aclocal: configure.in: 923: macro `AM_PATH_VORBIS' not found in libra=
ry
> > > make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> > > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > Does the attached Patch solve the problem? It is just stolen parts from
> > kdemultimedia.
> >
> > I have a question for the auto* masters:
> > In extra gear the applications should be releasable independent from ea=
ch
> > other. Is it a good/bad idea to prefix all configure tests with the app
> > name and do each test in the application's configure.in.in? Could this
> > cause any problems?
> > How do I avoid that one app uses the results of a configure test of
> > some other
> > app? Is there anything one can do, except for hoping for the discipline
> > of all programmers?
>
> Hmm.. i am far from being an auto* master, but why not just make every
> app an independent directory, with its own Makefile.cvs, admin dir and
> configure stuff... After all, they are going to be released
> independently, so it doesn't really make sense to have auto* stuff in
> common...
Yes, i thought about that as well, but could not really decide. After all i=
t=20
is very convenient to have one toplevel configure for all applications. Is =
it=20
possible to make recursive configures? Or would a special shell-script=20
suffice that goes to all subdirs and takes the appropriate actions?
Having a configure script for each app would certainly make the release=20
process easier (and take away my motivation to hack cvs2pack).
Any pros, any cons?

Greetings,
Klas