[Kde-events] Re: [Randa] Let the organization begin

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Jan 6 11:53:32 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Mario Fux <kde-ml at unormal.org> wrote:
> And I need contact person for the three different groups (Nepomuk, Multimedia,
> KDevelop) to talk and delegate. I hope the following three are the right ones:
> - Aleix Pol for KDevelop
> - Sebastian Trueg for Nepomuk
> - Mark Kretschmann for Multimedia
> Could you three shortly introduce your idea what you want to achieve at the
> meeting or tell us the main topic for your project at the meeting?

Yep, I can be the "Multimedia Dude".

So, my idea is pretty simple: We want to achieve closer cooperation
between members of KDE Multimedia, try to throw around ideas, and
discuss. Maybe also do some hacking, but for me personally that's not
the most important part of a sprint.

Additionally, we have the opportunity to exchange ideas with the other
teams. I could see a cooperation between Nepomuk, Plasma, and
Multimedia as very fruitful. KDevelop probably also fits in, simply
because many of our developers are using this software.

I would also like to invite some people outside of KDE who are
involved in projects that could be useful for KDE, for stimulating
further cooperation. For instance I am thinking of Jean-Baptiste
Kempf, maintainer of VLC, who had already visited us last year in
Randa, which proved to be very useful and productive. Also, having
someone from the FSFE there could be useful. Last year Georg Greve
visited us shortly, which was great. Last not least, it would be nice
to have someone from Nokia there again (last time it was Knut Yrvin).

In other news, I have set up an official IRC channel for planning and
discussing, it's #randa on Freenode. Everyone who is interested in
planning the sprint is welcome to join. Also, you can ask any kind of
questions there, e.g. about the logistics.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer, CEO of Kretschmann Software Consulting