[Kde-events] [Randa] Next steps for the Randa 2011 meeting

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Tue Apr 26 09:58:10 CEST 2011

Good morning kde-events

With this email I'd like to inform you about the next steps for your
participation at the Randa 2011 meeting. There is first a short version and
then a longer version with some more detailed information. Please read both of
them!

Short version - Next steps:
---------------------------

1. Please check your registration information at s.k.o [1] and fill in the
missing parts (cost estimation including train ticket, date of arrival and
departure, etc.). Do this till Sunday midnight.

2. Then we send this estimated budget to the board which will hopefully
approve it asap.

3. Afterwards we inform you with another email so that you can order your
plane and train tickets.

Longer version - Next steps and additional information:

As we are going to close the registration this weekend and then prepare the
estimated budget we'd like to send to the board, we ask you to check your
participation information on [1] and fill in the remaining and missing
information. We need in particular:

- Your estimated travel costs (including the train ticket of 100.00 EUR).
- Your food preferences (the food costs you 15.00 CHF per day (see below)
therefore we offer you a breakfast buffet, a warm lunch and a warm dinner)
- The things you want to work on (3 short statements on what you want to work
at Randa 2011). It would be ideal if you could add a "yes" or "no" behind this
statements after the meeting and thus facilitate the sprint reports)
- And please check the arrival and departure dates: they should be not earlier
than 1st of June and not later than 7th of June (as I rented the house just
for this period of time!)
- Another thing which would be nice is if you could enter your mother tongue
to i.k.o [2]. We use this information for the name tags and thus the visitors
on the OpenDay (Saturday, the 4th of June) could see immediately who speaks
their preferred languages. In general this would be a great opportunity to
complete your date on i.k.o.

Oh. And please do this asap.

On Monday we collect your data, sort it by groups and send this estimated
budgets to the e.v. board.

When they accept our budget we will inform you immediately with another email
and tell you to order the plain and train tickets

What you need to bring to Randa in June:

- Slippers or house shoes.
- A sleeping bag.
- 15.00 CHF per day per person in cash (that's for food)
- If you want additional linen for the beds they cost 30.00 CHF for all 7
days. You get a pillow and blankets without addtional costs.
- Some warm clothes as Randa is 1440 meters above sealevel and surrouded by
more than 4000 meters high mountains and it could be relatively cold there
even in June.

If some things are unclear or you've some questions or need some special
information don't hesitate to contact us either by email (fux at kde.org), on the