[Kde-events] FOSDEM 2009: KDE DevRoom

Claudia Rauch rauch at kde.org
Fri Jan 23 09:59:50 CET 2009

Hi guys,

Just to be clear what I need to do now :)

2009/1/8 Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org>:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:

>>> The booth box is usable when there's no real alternatives. However,
>>> throwing a few hundred euro at each event *is* prohibitively expensive,
>>
>> A few hundred euro ? Phhh...
>> Do we need a small version of it ?
>> But, FOSDEM isn't just some event.
>> Actually, maybe I could bring it ? I'll probably be in Frankfurt end of
>> January and I'll arrive at FOSDEM friday afternoon. But I'm not sure it's not
>> too big or my car (if I have two passengers).
>>
>> Alex
>
> The booth box is huge, it needs a large van.
> But looking at Ade's list:
> - Two flatscreen monitors (17")
> - One SunRay
> - One USB keyb+mouse
> - Hub, cables, and other networking crap
> - One power strip
> and the amd64 x2

Ade, are you going to bring all of the above to FOSDEM, so I don't
need to send the both box with all of the equipment?

> Combined with some idle laptops this should be enough. The only thing
> we'll be missing is the promo materials in the booth box, but those
> can be carried on a train or brought along by car.

I can send a parcel with tshirts and stickers, or Alex, would you be
willing to take the stuff with you when you come to Frankfurt next
week?

--

Claudia Rauch
KDE e.V. Office

Join us for the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit featuring Akademy and
GUADEC, 3rd-11th July 2009, http://grancanariadesktopsummit.org