[Kde-events] FOSDEM 2009: Proceedings

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue Feb 3 14:02:28 CET 2009

Hello to those of you going to FOSDEM 2009.

Here is a bit of last minute info regarding proceedings and the
schedule of our booth and devroom.

*Beer Event*
As each year there will be a pre-FOSDEM beer event. Just like last
year it will be at the Delirium Café which is in a small alley in the
"Rue Des Bouchers"
http://fosdem.org/2009/beerevent
Depending on your time of arrival you could join the rest of the KDE
people for dinner around 19:00. We plan to go to restaurant ChiChi's
on the Rue D'Anspach, about 5 minutes walk from the beer event. They
have vegetarian dishes.
http://www.chichis.be

Let me know before Wednesday evening if you want to join so I can book
the tables.

*The Conference*
-Opening
The campus opens very early on Saturday. Wendy and me will be there at
9:00 to set up the booth. I suspect we'll be the first there, unless
someone managed to keep away from the beer the night before :)

-Devroom Schedule
On Saturday H.1301 will be completely dedicated to KDE talks. It
should be right in front of our stand. In order to keep nice with the
universities management the organizers have asked that we keep an eye
on the number of people in the devroom. If the room is full we have to
keep people out. H.1301 can seat 200 people. I'll be doing bouncer
duty on Saturday starting at 13:00 (when the talks begin) until the
end.
Anyone manning the booth is supposed to help notifying people if they
try to get into a full devroom.
Add yourself to the list if you want to help out as well:
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=FOSDEM2009

On Sunday the devroom becomes the FreeDesktop devroom with talks from
GNOME, XFCE and KDE contributers.
The schedule: http://fosdem.org/2009/schedule/rooms/h.1301

-Food
For lunch there are sandwiches, which can be washed down with Belgian
Beer if preferred. You could try to find food in the area around the
campus, but so will 3980 other hungry geeks. Experience tells us that
you'll be waiting for food for a very long time.
There will be snacks at the booth and we'll try to get everyone to a
restaurant on Saturday evening for dinner.

*The Weather*
now it's snowing but this weekend it's very likely going to be typical
Belgian winter: cold and wet.
You can check on this website: http://www.kmi.be/meteo/view/

See you this weekend
Bart