[Kde-events] FOSDEM 2009: KDE DevRoom

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Thu Nov 6 14:22:03 CET 2008

Hi Claudia,

On Thursday 06 November 2008 13:13:11 Claudia Rauch wrote:
> If there's anything I can do, let me know please.
I don't know what you can do to help with the KDE stand, but for the devroom I
can think of the following: tracking down people that have to talk before
they have to do their talk, and making sure that the schedule as on the
FOSDEM website/booklet is actually the same as *our* schedule:

* Tracking down people: I usually like to know whether people still actually
know they have to talk, and when/where they have to do this. It's often
frustrating if someone is supposed to give a devroom talk at 13:00 and no one
has seen him yet at 12:00 ;-) But to find people, you have to go look for
them, which is hard if you're busy with the devroom itself...
* The schedule: there's often (small) mixups in when people are supposed to
talk on the site. So the FOSDEM site sometimes has the wrong info (time,
speaker, topic, room), which we like to have correct before they print a
booklet out of it ;-)
This seems to be caused by:
*) asking some speakers way too late (because we don't have enough speakers to
fill the day)
*) people change their minds about talking until just before or (waaay) after
the deadline (like, the week before they have to talk)
*) the fact that we sometimes share the room with the GNOME people, and tend
to miscommunicate some changes to the shared schedule (either amongst
ourselves, or to the FOSDEM people)

I don't know if it's anything you actually can help with, or that I cannot do
without help, but if you have time to spare or so, it would be nice :-)

Bart