[Kde-events] Hey dude, what's that, KDE? Some random notes about CeBit.

Franz Keferböck franz.keferboeck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:40:18 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 10 March 2008 23:16, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>  > Last year we received like 2000 business-oriented flyers, I guess they are
>  > finished by now ?
>
>  We were still handing them out at FOSDEM; they seem a little dated by now.

They are in fact; i really back the idea of having a recent
info-what-are-we flyer, i'd even go a step further: define a proper
inventory beforehand and based on our experiences (thanks frederick
for a first brainstorm) and focus on actually implementing the box
then (point finger back on me - i wanted to do this in a while, but
haven't had time recently, sorry). The box itself is really wracked,
the rollups are falling over, posters are in a bad condition due to
bad wrapping (facilities - think hard paperback-roll) and outdated. a
flyer as proposed by frederick would help on non-insider events, i'd
even go further and define "cards" (some sheets we keep at the booth
or decorate it with) that help guide these people through KDE (we
could have them depending on the expected audience - even for insider
users they could be usefull: what's new, when will the next release
be, ...).

ok, so much for now, i need to head to Bern soon to get to the OpenExpo....

Franz Keferböck
Phone: +43 650 86 22 555
http://franz.keferboeck.info | http://www.kde.org