[Kde-events] Fwd: KDE 4.0 auf den Linuxwochen 2008

Franz Keferböck franz.keferboeck at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 08:38:21 CET 2008

2008/1/19 Werner Trobin <trobin at kde.org>:
> Hi!
>
> Today I received this mail from one of the organizers of the Austrian
> "Linuxwochen" (Linux weeks, www.linuxwochen.at), inquiring whether the KDE
> project would be interested to present the new release or to give a talk
> about KDE.
>
> The convention will be held in May 2008 in Vienna.
>
> I told Christian Jeitler that I forwarded his mail to kde-events, please send
> questions/offers for talks/... directly to him:
> christian jeitler <chris at linuxwochen.at>

I'm still in California and will not be back before friday. I am
highly interested in having the KDE project present at the
Linuxwochen, i will have to check my schedule (there's a couple of
other evets that need some love too, as there's OpenExpo, FOSDEM,
CeBIT and LinuxTag to be taken care of, but as being austrian i do
really want to put some effort into an austrian event too) asap and
let you know. I'm currently spending time with Adriaan De Groot and
Sebastian Kügler, whom i might be able to trick into a few days of
vienna with me and have them have some talk...

you'll hear from me, greets

> Thanks in advance,
> Werner

> Subject: KDE 4.0 auf den Linuxwochen 2008
> Date: Saturday 19 January 2008 02:33
> From: christian jeitler <chris at linuxwochen.at>
> To: Werner Trobin <trobin at kde.org>
>
> Hallo Werner,
>
> KDE war der Wegbereiter für Linux auf dem Desktop und ein Meilenstein um
> Projekte wie Knoppix voranzutreiben und die Akzeptanz von Linux auf dem
> Desktop zu sichern. Umso wichtiger wäre es daher auch KDE 4.0 auf der
> größten österreichischen Linux Veranstaltung zu Freier und Open Source
> Software vor Ort zu präsentieren.
>
> Habt Ihr vor, heuer auf den Linuxwochen das KDE Projekt vorzustellen und
> Interessierten Rede und Antwort zu stehen? Vorträge sind natürlich auch
> sehr erwünscht. Z.B. über die neue Version von KDE 4.0.
>
> Ach ja, die Linuxwochen werden im Mai in Wien stattfinden.
>
> lg
>
> q/gnu/chris

Franz Keferböck
Phone: +43 650 86 22 555