[Kde-events] Call for participation at local (Graz, Austria) Linux/Free Software event

Kevin Krammer kevin at linuxtage.at
Wed Feb 20 14:17:06 CET 2008

Hi Franz,

On Wednesday 20 February 2008, Franz Keferböck wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2008 12:44 PM, Kevin Krammer <kevin at linuxtage.at> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > as a member of the organisational team of the event "Grazer Linuxtag" I'd
> > like to ask if it would be possible to have KDE participate in any form,
> > e.g. giving a talk, presenting the project at a booth, etc.
>
> That's April the 19th, right? I could make it, yet need to get some
> staff for a propper booth, but that's doable, playing at home for a
> change ;-)

Yes, Saturday April 19th.
It is really weird that it is so hard to find participants for a KDE booth in
Austria.
For example I already contacted Harald Sitter (regarding Amarok, Kubuntu) by
mail, but didn't event get a response.

> what kind of talk are you thinking of - addressing users, a "get
> people in" one, or rather technical? i'll see a lot of people the next
> few weeks giving KDE talks, and i got some of my own, i could ...
> profit from that.

We usually have plenty of speakers on technical stuff, mostly from the local
University of Technology (TU-Graz), so we would really appreciate anything
desktop user related or how to participate in the community as a
non-developer, etc.

Something along how a vibrant user community actually makes a project a
sucessfull project could even qualify as Keynote :)

Cheers,
Kevin

P.S. sorry for messing up from and reply-to addresses in the original posting,
I forgot to "update" the respective KMail identity setting.

Kevin Krammer @ LinuxTage:              kevin at linuxtage.at
Grazer LinuxTage - Kontakt:             graz08 at linuxtage.at
Grazer LinuxTage 19. April 2008:        http://linuxtage.at
Linuxwochen 2008 in Österreich:         http://linuxwochen.at