[Kde-events] my personal cebit review

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Mar 20 22:30:49 CET 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 22:17, Joerg Hoh wrote:
> Hi Alexander
>
> Thanks for your review. Some points from me:
>
> On Tuesday 20 March 2007 21:29, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >   -tape, pens, some plastic name tag/business card holders (?)
>
> Did you miss something (beside the blank name tags)?

Two USB hubs would be nice, since the USB ports in the notebooks are usually
already occupied with the external mouse and keyboard, and if somebody comes
with a USB memory stick or WLAN or digital camera than you have to plug stuff
in and out.

And there was only WLAN available, and on saturday and sunday the two
notebooks we had didn't have WLAN hardware. From Xarafa (or so) we got one
USB WLAN stick which we didn't manage to get working (...we didn't have
internet) and the Xandros guys borrowed us a WLAN router (which didn't help
since it's the other way round). So maybe two *well supported* WLAN USB
sticks would be nice.

> How many pins did you give away?

36

> > -having 3 or 4 clothes-hangers in the boothbox would be good, for putting
> > the T-shirts on them
>
> will be in the booth box next time.

:-)

> > -we received KDE business oriented flyers on friday, this was better than
> > none at all. They should now last for some time. We need more types of
> > flyers (home users, developers, other contributors).
>
> already adressed on kde-promo.

:-)

> > -the Gnomes have a "what do like about Gnome / what don't you like about
> > Gnome" wall, where visitors can write on colored sticky notes what they
> > like/don't like. That's a good idea. Here's a foto:
> > http://www.neundorf.net/pics/gnome-ideas.jpg
>
> Yes, it is. I don't think that we should copy their kind of implementation
> ;-) Maybe a "My Opinion about KDE"-Box where people can drop in some
> written statements?

While this is true, an open wall with all these notes is also simply
attracting people to come and have a look at them.

> > -we had a A3 "poster" inviting people to donate. I'll put this into svn
> > RSN. Having one in A2, maybe laminated would be even better.
>
> Yepp, I'll put it on my list for Linuxtag.

:-)

> > -we didn't have any "real" KDE poster to put on the walls, so we used the
> > T-shirts as decoration. This worked too.
>
> Yes, but we really need posters. That issue is already adressed on
> kde-promo, hopefully we're better off at Linuxtag.

:-)

> > -we didn't have generic KDE business cards/nametags. Having a bigger
> > amount of nameless cards in the boothbox so that the booth people who
> > don't have their own KDE business cards can write their name on them
> > would be really good and shouldn't be too expensive either. So we had to
> > "pimp" some of my cards with white tape to cover my name and write the
> > respective names over it.
>
> Ok, I will try to get more blank name tags.

The ones like the KDE business cards, right ?
:-)

Bye
Alex

P.S. did I mention that the boothbox is a really good idea ?