[Kde-events] [kde-promo] Getting Events Right

Niels van Mourik niels at shodan.nl
Wed Mar 14 17:03:48 CET 2007

Op woensdag 14 maart 2007, schreef Sebastian Kügler:
> On Wednesday 14 March 2007 07:46:37 Wendy Van Craen wrote:
> >   I think it's a really great idea.
>
> It depends a bit on the event. Often, having special Crew t-shirt can be an
> additional burden on the organisation. It does make sense for things like
> aKademy, though. There's also the type of events where you wouldn't want to
> wear a t-shirt, but a suit for example.
That's true too, and for some people (like me) it's hard to say in what
category someone belongs (personell / enthusiast).

> We shouldn't mandate a clothing style, but I think it's a good idea to hand
> out nametags with KDE logo to the booth staff. Additionally, one might wear
> a t-shirt. For the less casual cases,
On Fosdem I saw that the Gnomy's did this on a very professional way, all the
people of that project were wearing nametags with descriptions on it.

> I've learnt that the KDE pins do a
> great job and are subtle enough.
Perhaps on a suit, but not a shirt I suppose.

> We might want to move this discussion (or the results of it, preferably)
> over to kde-events. :-)
Cross-posted it for so long.. (reply's on this mail only to events please)

--
An army of sheep, led by a lion, is better than an army of lions, led by a
sheep.