[Kde-events] FOSDEM with Gnome?

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Mon Jun 4 14:46:54 CEST 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007 14:11, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> I think I'd prefer having a joint stream with Gnome like last year and
> having separate rooms for the rest.  Either way we should come to a
> common decision we can take to the FOSDEM organisers.
I actually rather liked our last approach where we had adjacent rooms, and had
a joint session. The joint session was cool, as was the fact that at the same
time, we could lend our room to the Education people. The biggest problem
would be that we wouldn't be able to squeeze some time between the talks to
just socialize with the fellow KDE people. In a joint room when there's no
KDE talk, there's always a GNOME person talking, which might not be the ideal
scenery for having a little chat with fellow developers :-)
Of course, since iirc FOSDEM is a bit short on the number of rooms they have,
it might be worth to consider merging it, to ensure they have enough rooms
for everyone ;-)

Bart