[Kde-events] FOSDEM 2008

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue Dec 18 16:26:43 CET 2007

Hi all,

FOSDEM 2008 (www.fosdem.org) is coming up soon. If I'm not mistaken
this will be the first general FLOSS event in Europe where we can show
off KDE4.0.

I'm already pretty busy with akademy 2008 but can put in a small
effort for FOSDEM. I'll certainly be attending and am available for
booth duty.

I might be capable of arranging a small number of desktop PC's to demo KDE4.0.
The idea is that visitor can sit down and try out a real KDE4.0 desktop.
The machines are Core 2 duo's, 4GB RAM and intel integrated graphics,
supported by kwin-composite. They are flat desktop form-factor with a
17" TFT screen from HP.

I suggest we talk to the FOSDEM organizers about booth space and
distro's that are willing to offer some promo material and such.
I'm sure community members affiliated with distro's can provide us
with installable media/isos that we can use.

Bart Cerneels
bart.cerneels at kde.org
irc: Stecchino
Akademy 2008 organizer
First point of contact for everything venue related
cellphone +32496100633