[Kde-events] Fwd: KDE shirts

Fabrice Mous fabricemous@xs4all.nl
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 12:08:07 -0800

Maybe this is interesting to some on this mailinglist

Fab

Subject: KDE shirts
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:33:14 -0800
From: Fabrice Mous <fabricemous@xs4all.nl>
To: rizzi@kde.org
Cc: kde-artists@mail.kde.org

Hi,
I think we should add a section to kde-look.org for KDE T-Shirt, logos,
stickers and other stuff (i.e. not related to KDE look&feel but still
graphics about KDE).
A "T-Shirt contest" would also be very nice... our Konqi t-shirt are quit=
 old
and something modern would be very nice...

Andrea,

I'm in no way a artist but I just want to share some experience with prin=
ting
shirts ...

The dutch KDE-team made some new KDE-shirts for use during events.You can=
 see
a picture of it here !! (beware: heavy download)

http://www.xs4all.nl/~leintje/kde-nl/linux2002/linux@work2002_7.html

We used the artwork of Everaldo for this and he provided us with a very l=
arge
Corel Graphics file (don't know the extension)
We were not really happy with those shirts, because of the nature of the
picture it is very expensive to print shirts in full-color. Especially wh=
en
you are a small Linux user group this is surely undoable ...

So when I read your request at the mailinglist kde-artists I want to let =
you
know that there is a need for good 3 or 4 colour graphics whcih can be us=
ed
on T-shirts. Some time ago .. I had a small e-mail conversatio n with Tac=
kat
about the use of colours for printing.

Again ... I'm not an artist, but translator and promotor of the coolest
desktop in the world !!

Take care'

Fab