[Kde-events] Re: Help request

Eric Bischoff e.bischoff@noos.fr
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:44:40 +0100

Le Mardi 26 Février 2002 13:56, Görkem Çetin a écrit :
> Hi Eric,

Hi Görkem,

> I'd like to get a help from a helpful hand :). This year in the biggest IT
> Fair and congress in Turkey, one full day is planned to be dedicated to
> free software. We'd been struggling for this support, and everything is
> about to come to a "happy" end.
>
> Maybe you remember that in 2000 a representative from Federal Ministry of
> Economics and Technology gave a speech in LinuxTag. Now we'd like to call

As far as I can remember, it was the German federal minister of "Education
and Scientific Research" herself.

> someone from German government so that he/she will come and give a speech
> about "how the things are working" in German parliament.
>
> If you know of someone who's dealing with free sw in parliament, please
> let me know.

I'm not German. I'll forward your message to kde-events@kde.org, and
hopefully someone will tell you about one of the pro-free software lobbying
German deputies. If you need someone from the French parliament, I can also
give a try.