[Kde-events] promo.kde.org or events.kde.org?

Eva Brucherseifer eva@kde.org
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:07:22 +0100

at the moment I am setting up an online registration system for events. T=
he=20
reason is, that it was quite a lot of work to handle all emails during=20
organizing the booth for last year's Linuxtag (www.linuxtag.org). 40 KDE=20
people attanded and who knows how many it will be this year.=20
The good thing is, that such a system can easily be adopted to other even=
ts.

So where should these pages be placed? I had a look on promo.kde.org and =
after=20
talking to Andreas I got the impression that it is unmaintained (are ther=
e=20
maintainers here?)
And it also has another focus - it is like the two mailing lists kde-prom=
o and=20
kde-events. There are some overlapping discussions, but also a lot of=20
different ones. kde-events focuses much more on organizing events. And th=
at=20
is also what I would like to focus on for a new site. That is why I am in=
=20
favour of a new domain events.kde.org.=20

So what would be in events.kde.org?
- online registration for events (as described above)
- calendar of coming events
- calendar of past events with photos (there already is some stuff on=20
women.kde.org, which easily can be moved)
- howto on organizing booths (we already did one on the kde-events mailin=
g=20
list)
- howto for people being booth staff (like Ralf's famous styling guide ;-=
)

Bero already agreed on hosting this site, Chris wants to help with html a=
nd=20
Mark Bucciarelly with the database.  We'd have the code in KDE's CVS with=
 an=20
ACL for all people who are involved (just like the other sites).

More help, comments and ideas are as always welcome.

Greetings,
eva