[kde-embedded] Embedded World Conference 2018

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Wed Jan 17 18:39:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

I can't say for sure yet, we are still sorting out the Embedded World
staffing. I haven't been particularly active in communicating the progress
either, so here's a quick summary of the current state of the Yocto work:

- The KF5 layer covers 71 (of 76) frameworks and is at version 5.42.0 now.
There are 10 pending patches and one major known issue (cross-compilation
support for kapckagetool5).
- KF5 updates work reasonably well, since 5.36 we got updates for every KF5
release in a timely manner, thanks to automation, avoiding patches and
sufficiently generic file patterns in the recipes. Important to make this
effort sustainable.
- The Plasma layer covers 19 (of 44) modules so far and is now barely able to
show something vaguely resembling Plasma Mobile on Virgil/QEmu (haven't tried
real hardware yet), see attached screenshot. This has been proven quite useful
for identifying runtime issues, missing dependencies, etc in the KF5 layer.

Regards,
Volker