[kde-embedded] KDE for automotive initiative: report weeks 33 - 35

Agustin Benito (toscalix) abenito at kde.org
Mon Sep 4 10:23:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

++ KDE Software

* Upgrade to KF 5.37 in Yocto. This is now largely automated, but
still requires manual intervention until all patches have been
integrated upstream.
** There are currently 6 patches remaining, 4 are still pending
review, 2 will be part of 5.38. One needed fix in Qt has been merged
and will be in 5.9.2.
** Getting these patches integrated is the priority for now, as that
considerably eases long-term maintenance.

++ Promotion

* Mail sent to the kde community mailing list introducing this effort.
Contributors and KDE friends invited to join this mailing list.

++ KDE Community

* We have now a space to share documents like the one sent to this
mailing list a few weeks ago (AGL specs proposal for the HMI sent by
Toyota). Those who are part of the Phabricator project can access to
it.
* It seems there is no interest yet on a sync up meeting. In a few
weeks we will give it another try.

++ Representation

* Initial contact with AGL on its way.
* Coming events where we can sync up (coordinator):
** Qt World Summit 10 - 12 October  in Berlin, GE (Eike Hein and Volker Krause)
** AGL AMM  18 - 19 October in Dresden, GE (Agustin Benito Bethencourt)
** ELCE 2017 23 - 25 October in Prague, CZ (Agustin Benito Bethencourt)

Best regards

Agustin Benito (toscalix)
KDE eV member
Profile: http://es.linkedin.com/in/toscalix