[Kde-embedded] XMLVector based GUI ?

trade man globalpacific2001@yahoo.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 22:01:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

I am currently overseeing a project that requires a
simplified GUI for Linux. Very basically we are
working on an inexpensive linux based pc for thrid
world distribution. We need to customise the GUI for
users that have never used a pc before, even
windows(tm). The distribution will be in association
with a number of larger organisations.

I was thinking that the easiest way of not
re-inventing the wheel is to use a vector based
GUI/application launcher. The design can change but
the vectors will not. The GUI could also be turned off
to allow access to a 'normal' KDE desktop for more
advanced users.

I would very much appreciate it if you could give me
your thoughts on this as I am not that familiar with
the recent developments of KDE. Would your XML GUI
development tools not be well suited to this project
??

The good news is that unlike other linux charitable
efforts, we have a budget! albiet limited :-( We are
willing to outsource this phase of the project for
about US$5000. Please email us at
globalpacific2001@yahoo.com if interested or to just
give us some input or comments...

Thanks alot