LabPlot - Cannot print or export

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Mon Jan 4 19:42:04 GMT 2021

Fedora 33, KDE/Plasma desktop, LabPlot version 2.7.0 from the Fedora repository

I touch LabPlot once a year for a special need, so much of my knowledge evaporates over the year.  It is time for me to get back to it.

I have a project with a workbook that links to a CSV file of values.  I figured out how to create a basic plot.  Now I have two problems:

1) When I save the project, the plots are NOT saved.  Every time I open the project, I have to create the plots again.  Who can I save plots?

2) Once the plots are created, I want to print them to PDF and export them to JPG.  File-Print and File-Export do nothing.  It is like clicking on /dev/null.  There is no error, no windows pop up, nothing is printed ...  How can I get these features to work?  It is almost like LabPlot thinks there is nothing to print.

If I select the worksheet, then File-Export does work.  Of course, that's not what I want to export!  When i select a plot, I get nothing.

Snaps are not an option.  The version of LabPlot in the snap library is 2.6.0 which does not have some of the features I need.  Flatpaks are not an option because the flatpak package requires Wayland, and I cannot run that.  The nVidia display driver does not work with Wayland.  And as a matter of sensibility, the flatpak wants to install something like 2 gigabytes of stuff.  WTF?????

I tried compiling 2.8.1 from source, but that throws hundreds of dependency errors.  I have no idea what it is asking for.

-- Could NOT find KF5Archive (missing: KF5Archive_DIR)
-- Could NOT find KF5Archive: found neither KF5ArchiveConfig.cmake nor kf5archive-config.cmake
-- Could NOT find KF5Completion (missing: KF5Completion_DIR)
-- Could NOT find KF5Completion: found neither KF5CompletionConfig.cmake nor kf5completion-config.cmake

I am open for suggestions.

Thanks!

--
Bill Gee