access row number in labplot worksheet formula

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Sat Oct 17 09:40:12 BST 2020

Hello Julien,

On Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2020 22:08:53 CEST Julien Cubizolles wrote:
> I'm currently switching from SciDAVis to labplot, and I'm really
> satisfied with it so far.
Nice :-)

> There is however one functionality I cannot
> reproduce so far. In SciDAVis, you can access the row number in the
> formula used to calculate values for a column. For instance :
>
> col("1",i+1) in a column
>
> will populate each cell with the value from the cell just below in
> column 1.
>
> Can you do the same in Labplot ? The dialog for the formula in labplot
> doesn't seem to offer such a feature.
at the moment we support column based calculations only and our parser for the
formulas doesn't have any support for row/cell accesses.

We need to add this in near future. Until then you'll need to calculate the
values outside of LabPlot and copy the values into the spreadsheet or
calculate them in a CAS-worksheet inside of LabPlot with octave or pyhon, etc.
and plot the results in LabPlot. Some examples for this approach were given in
https://labplot.kde.org/2016/07/23/labplot-2-3-0-released/.

Best Regards,
Alexander