Update to edu.kde.org

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Fri May 22 21:07:48 BST 2020

Hello KDE Edu community :)

I found someone who is interested in updating the Edu website. The plan would be to remove all the ph code and use the Hugo static site generator to generate the website.

Moving to Hugo would allow us to remove the dependencies to PHP and to the unmaintained capacity framework, but also a general modernization of the entire website.

I don't think it is a good idea to use the same theme as the other KDE websites but instead, modernize it a bit. For example, making it responsive, updating the screenshots, creating a proper landing page, and maybe more. :p

Does the Edu community have any suggestions for other things that should be changed during the update? Or do you think an update to the website is a bad idea and not worth it?

Cheers,
Carl

---
Carl Schwan