D29440: Move 2 logging statements from debug to info. printed only once per focus session.

Doug Summers noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 5 19:08:22 BST 2020

dmsummers added a comment.

  Absolutely!    Developers debug until their algorithms actually work.    Users are not developers.   They presume algorithms work and just monitor/analyze performance for tuning purposes.    These use cases are very fundamentally different.    No user wants to wade through tons of debug to get summary data they need for performance analysis.   Another analysis example illustrates the point.    I use PHD2 not because I don't like the internal guider, but because there's a post analysis tool (logViewer) that can show how guiding performed (and whether I need to tune or not).   That's not debugging.    The first rule of performance assessment/improvement is measurement.   Without the summary measurements, it's hard to improve.   I suggest the vision for INFO level should be to support performance assessment and aid users in tuning/improvement.    Cheers,  Doug

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars