D28767: SEP Focus improvements

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 12 08:59:28 BST 2020

TallFurryMan added a comment.

  That's excellent! I have several points in the comments. I would also like you to add more FITS fixtures captured with the CCD Simulator or real pictures, with various FWHM values (use the focuser simulator) to verify your improvements.

INLINE COMMENTS

> fitssepdetector.cpp:135
> +    // Skip the 20% largest stars if we have plenty.
> +    if (catalog->nobj * 0.8 > maxNumCenters)
> +        startIndex = catalog->nobj * 0.2;

What if 0.8 of the source set means 0 sources? Is the remaining algorithm safe? Shouldn't we discard sources based on their distance in sigma units instead? (that value may not be available, sure)

> fitssepdetector.cpp:186
>  exit:
> -    if (stats.bitpix != FLOAT_IMG)
> -        delete [] data;
> +    delete[] data;
>      sep_bkg_free(bkg);

Yes! Good spot!

> fitsview.cpp:789
> +        const double radius = starCenter->HFR > 0 ? 2.0f * starCenter->HFR * ratio : w;
> +        painter->drawEllipse(QPointF(starCenter->x * ratio, starCenter->y * ratio), radius, radius);

I disagree : it was like this before, but small stars ellipses become offset because of rounding issues on the pixel center.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars