D24151: Summary: Connect Scheduler sleep timer to Simulation Clock scale change.

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 23 06:57:51 BST 2019

TallFurryMan added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mutlaqja wrote in simclock.cpp:185
> Why was this moved here? Was it tested for any regressions in KStars outside the scheduler?

Because sending the scale update to slots after setting the scale update in SimClock defeats the purpose of sending the scale update. Clients should be able to restore their "real" time values by de-scaling before using the new scale value, like I did in simClockScaleChanged. Else, clients need to store the current scale in order to restore their time values before using the new scale, which is cumbersome.

I verified no code was using the old version of the signal before fixing. Probably this small problem would have been fixed earlier had this signal been actually used in the code.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars

BRANCH
  feature__scheduler_synced_to_simulation (branched from master)