D23892: Fix HFR calculation, add HFR on focus view, adjust focus UI.

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 18 21:53:57 BST 2019

TallFurryMan added a comment.

  > 1. Advanced tab .. maybe we should rename this to "Parameters"?

  That would make "Settings" and "Parameters". Maybe I should replace "Settings" with "Basic" if I move some stuff in from "Advanced"?
  I'll try to move stuff around. I would expect for instance SEP parameters to get a new tab.

  > 2. HFR number.. this can be improved.. in some situation all numbers are tangled up (see screenshot). is color hardcoded or depends on some established color name?
  >
  >   F7354525: Screenshot_20190915_112739.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7354525>

  I see. However your frame is a bit edge-case to me, it has the algorithm incorrectly detect many stars garbled in the same place.
  I see how I could do, but I'm not sure I want to extend the fits viewer right now with a list of quads containing HFRs that should be sorted, translated and eventually filtered, then rendered...
  My night test looks like this, but this is not a cluster, agreed.
  F7379040: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7379040>
  Oh and that's 20s Ha exposure, the method works great with that narrowband filter at least. 5 iterations to achieve optimal focus.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars