D23735: Improvements is estimateJobTime

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 6 06:09:27 BST 2019

TallFurryMan added a comment.

  My opinion on this is that observatory setups are too diverse to use a set predefined durations. Those durations need to be at least customizable via options. We thus get a whole new set of options, incidentally one or two per Ekos module.
  Based on this observation, it means the estimation of procedure duration needs to rely on each module instead of being computed by scheduler. By extension, each module has to be responsible for the calculation of those duration, based on the actual work it has to do.
  Therefore, I suggest we review that estimation activity when each Ekos module is assigned a blob of settings, as I presented on the forum.
  "Hi Ekos module, here's what you need to do!" "- Yeah, that will probably take me <insert double> hours!"
  Makes sense?

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars