D23735: Improvements is estimateJobTime

Wolfgang Reissenberger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 5 17:51:22 BST 2019

wreissenberger requested changes to this revision.
wreissenberger added a comment.

  Good idea, Alex. And welcome to the Scheduler-Optimizing-Club :-)

  One thing I would ask you to revert is the estimation for astrometry. I think 30sec is more accurate.

INLINE COMMENTS

> scheduler.cpp:5238
> +                totalImagingTime += 60;

I thing 60s is over-estimated. My Raspberry Pi 3b resolves typically in 12s. Most of the time is extracting sources.
Just a hint: since I changed from 2Mass data to Tycho2, which significantly speeds up the resolving time. Typically within 2-4s on that small Hardware.

> scheduler.cpp:5256
>          }
>          dms const estimatedTime(totalImagingTime * 15.0 / 3600.0);

Very good, agreed.