D25060: Fixing ASTAP Path on OS X and Setting Autostar as default for PHD2 Guiding

Hy Murveit noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 29 21:40:39 GMT 2019

murveit added a comment.

  Robert, Thanks. These changes do see to address my issue, and I believe would be an important improvement. However I have a couple questions/suggestions:

  1- In the new method, Guide::guideAfterMeridianFlip(): Why would the issue be only related to PHD2? Wouldn't the internal guider also have the same issue? That is, after a meridian flip, the guide star's image position would change either when using PHD2 or with the native guider, so I would think you'd want to remove the "if(guiderType == GUIDE_PHD2)" test, and simply set autoStarCheck->setChecked(true); in either case.

  2- I'm not sure the autoStarCheck->setChecked(true); inside of Guide::resizeEvent() is quite right.  I would think we'd want to default this way if the user hasn't previously set a preference, but one he/she does express a preference, then the preference should be remembered across sessions. The way I read this is that it doesn't allow the user to keep his preference across sessions. So, I'd keep this as is, if the cross-session thing is complex, but would like the end-game to be restoring the user's preference.

  Hy

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars