D25099: Show info file content on the Step Context info docker

Yuri Chornoivan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 18 21:38:10 GMT 2019

yurchor added a comment.

  In D25099#564351 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25099#564351>, @aacid wrote:

  > I'm curious, do you really not see the existing info and get an error?
  >
  > It works fine just here (no i18n)
  >
  > The files should end up inside a qrc file.
  >
  > They are actually not installed as far as i can see so your code would not work at all.
  >
  > Where do you see the english objinfo files being installed? http://paste.debian.net/1116844/

  I do not know how it was thought to be. Just several facts from the current situation.

  1. Sure, the English HTML objinfo files are packaged into the step binary itself.
  2. The same HTML files are packaged separately as it can be seen from the Debian package file list. Thus, they are "installed" for every common *NIX user (not sure about Windows).
  3. The translation system for tutorials and world object files is unfinished. Extraction can be fixed almost with no efforts (tested). Just move the content of Messages.sh from step/data into the main Messages.sh and you are done.
  4. However, I'm not sure that translation will work after that.
  5. The proposed solution works fine with Linux packages. As it is shown above, it works for the standard Mageia package. It might not work for Windows or flatpack. But we do not have Windows package now and flatpacks are... well, for enthusiasts.

  If somebody confirms that the current translation system works fine with MOs I'd be more than happy to propose the conventional patch for extraction.

REPOSITORY
  R341 Step