D19773: Update search bar following kde HIG

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 17 20:21:30 GMT 2019

aacid added a comment.

  In D19773#431909 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19773#431909>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D19773#431826 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19773#431826>, @aacid wrote:
  >
  > > Has the HIG updated  and decided the search label needs to be removed?
  >

  > Yes.

  Can you point me to it? Because that's not what i saw in the HIG document that was linked from somewhere, the only thing i coudl find was "use ..."

  >> Anyone has a pointer as to why anyone would do that when there's no scarcity of horizontal space?
  >
  > 1. This isn't always the case

  That's a very bad excuse, because in *ALL* the cases you've been removing t, it is not the problem.

  > 2. Placeholder text was invented so that we don't need these kinds of labels

  No it was not, placeholder text is to give extra information that may be useful, not to describe what the field is about, because once you type on it the information goes away and when you have 4 line edits without labels and placeholders because you wrote stuff on them suddenly it's impossible to remember what each field did.

  > 3. #VDG <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/vdg/> thinks that things just look better this way
  > 4. Consistency is nice :)

REPOSITORY
  R55 Cantor