D19648: Keep GUI parameters for scheduler and capture in sync with row selection

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 17 12:47:27 GMT 2019

TallFurryMan requested changes to this revision.
TallFurryMan added a comment.

  **Capture module.**
  Functionality tested OK.
  This is a change of UI behavior: now clicking once on a job does sync the left fields with the properties of the selected job, as mentioned in the changeset.
  However, it makes the end-user think the job can be modified in-place, while there is actually no effect. Counter-however, the change makes adding a new instance of an existing job easier.
  I will say the change makes the UI slightly better in terms of usability, but the ergonomy is still flawed.
  I observe that arrow buttons are always enabled even if the selected row is first or last while scheduler has this proper (but not always), but this is completely minor. The code doing that should probably be refactored somewhere.

  **Scheduler module.**
  OK for the typo fix, obviously.
  Got an assertion abort related to null lead time, that is fixed by D19393 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19393>.
  Functionality is OK, it's cool to press the mouse button and move through jobs with their properties immediately displayed.
  However, it's possible to change the order of the schedule while the Scheduler is running.
  As a result, the schedule is reevaluated immediately, and if the job that is running is moved, states are reset and Scheduler is lost.
  As an example, the job that was slewing becomes idle and the Scheduler remains stuck in that situation.
  I'll double-check what the current unpatched situation is.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars