D19528: Making Scheduler robust against guiding problems

Wolfgang Reissenberger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 6 15:21:48 GMT 2019

wreissenberger added a comment.

  > I propose you keep your differential focused on restoring functionality after a guiding failure, even if the aborted job isn't managed that well afterwards (that means not bypassing of aborted jobs at the beginning of evaluation).
  >  I will rebase D19393 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19393> on yours, and add a fix to the block removing jobs that are not to be evaluated, so that aborted jobs are kept in place and not touched until they are the only ones remaining.
  >  In this context, I will tackle both the re-evaluation without order change and possible state instabilities like the altitude restriction causing the job to repeatedly abort and reschedule.
  >
  > What do you think?

  Agreed. James should keep in mind, that your fix should be landed shortly after mine is merged. Without fixing handling of aborted jobs, capture first tries to restart guiding five times, then aborts the job and as a next step restarts it again. That's not nice, but we can live with if for a short timeframe.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars