D19528: Making Scheduler robust against guiding problems

Wolfgang Reissenberger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 5 21:33:06 GMT 2019

wreissenberger added a comment.

  In D19528#424942 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19528#424942>, @TallFurryMan wrote:

  > Oh wow, so you investigated that too? I have the same observation about aborted jobs! Did you have a look at D19393 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19393>? Coincidence :)

  Nope. Maybe you should add me as a reviewer? :-)

  > I need some time to examine the part about guiding : we need the suspension feature to be usable both with and without scheduler, and reading this I don't readily understand if that's OK.

  Suspending works in both modes. If used with the scheduler, the scheduler thinks simply that capturing is running although capturing is suspended. Restarting a suspended guiding is handled by the capture module.

  > About aborted jobs set for restart, the approach here is slightly different from D19393 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19393>. D19393 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19393> is not trying to restart aborted jobs, only making sure they don't interfere with other jobs, specifically when the scheduler is running. I needed to include the scheduler running/not running part, but I don't recall why now (I'm in business trip).

  Ah, interesting, I have to take a closer look at it.

  > So that's cool, but needs careful tests. I'll try to do that beginning of this week with the simulators.

  Fully agreed! One thing with aborted jobs is not so nice currently: They are put at the end of the list, i.e. sorting of targets is changed, when aborted jobs get restarted.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars