D19528: Making Scheduler robust against guiding problems

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 5 06:39:34 GMT 2019

TallFurryMan added a comment.

  Oh wow, so you investigated that too? I have the same observation about aborted jobs! Did you have a look at D19393 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19393>? Coincidence :)

  I need some time to examine the part about guiding : we need the suspension feature to be usable both with and without scheduler, and reading this I don't readily understand if that's OK.

  About aborted jobs set for restart, the approach here is slightly different from D19393 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19393>. D19393 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19393> is not trying to restart aborted jobs, only making sure they don't interfere with other jobs, specifically when the scheduler is running. I needed to include the scheduler running/not running part, but I don't recall why now (I'm in business trip).

  And when I extended D19393 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19393> to reinclude aborted jobs when all went aborted (same idea as yours) I got state instabilities when the altitude restriction kicked in. The altitude restriction has a cutoff when scheduling, and not when running, to cater with preliminary steps requiring time before capture empirically.

  So that's cool, but needs careful tests. I'll try to do that beginning of this week with the simulators.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars