D18235: Meridian flips handled by Mount

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 23 20:26:57 GMT 2019

TallFurryMan added a comment.

  There's something I'd like clarified.
  First, if the mount is set east of the meridian at an original position, and is not tracking, and we wait long enough that if it was tracking, it would flip. What happens if we then start tracking from that eastern position? Do we get an unneeded and ineffective flip request?
  Second, if a capture overlaps the meridian flip, I don't readily understand whether the capture is aborted, the flip executed, and the capture restarted, or if the capture continues and delays the flip, potentially for very long. This situation could be pre-planned by Scheduler.
  I'm sorry, I couldn't test all this. But this seems really good.

INLINE COMMENTS

> wreissenberger wrote in mount.cpp:46
> Ah, damn, I meant two minutes. Currently, I would not put it into the Ekos options but first gain some experience if this feature really makes sense at all.

Isn't this period still at 12 seconds?