D18279: Add properties to column

Alexander Semke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 15 21:14:12 GMT 2019

asemke added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> AbstractColumn.cpp:547
> + * Returns the properties hold by this column (no, monotonic increasing, monotonic decreasing,...)
> + * Will be used in XYCurve to improve the search velocity for the y value for a specific x value
> + * @return

We'll need to change this "will be used" to "is used" later.

> ColumnPrivate.cpp:1311
> +            properties = AbstractColumn::Properties::No;
> +			return;
> +		}

can we have this return already in the if-else block before this for-loop? Then we don't need to have this check inside the loop. Also, we should maybe set propertiesAvailable to true if we return for unsupported data types so we don't call this function again and again.

> ColumnPrivate.h:117
> +	mutable bool propertiesAvailable{false}; //is 'properties' already available (true) or needs to be (re-)calculated (false)?
> +	mutable int properties{AbstractColumn::Properties::No}; // declares the properties of the curve (monotonic increasing/decreasing ...). Speed up algorithms
>  private:

int? Why not Properties?

REPOSITORY
  R262 LabPlot