D26196: Add multiple dataset in guessnumber activity

Sambhav Kaul noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 26 14:11:04 GMT 2019

sambhavkaul added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> jjazeix wrote in guessnumber.js:71
> add a comment to specify what this line does, the name of the function is not relevant enough to understand what it does.
>
> Why not directly use the Qt function to do this (https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtqml-number.html)?

Hi @jjazeix ,

By using the Qt function it by default shows '0' in user entry text box at the beginning and the '0' gets overwrites when we type. So, there is always a zero at beginning. And it gives output with commas instead of spaces after a group of 3 digits. So if you allow should I go with the Qt function or let it be with the js function ?

Thanks

> jjazeix wrote in Data.qml:32
> can you replace all of these with:
>
>   //: first number is the minimum number and second the maximum number
>   qsTr("Guess a number between %1 and %2").arg(1).arg(25)?
>
> This way, translators will only have one string to translate and this could avoid a lot of typo.
>
> What would be the best (but not sure if it works) would be to be able to use the minNumber/maxNumber directly, something like:
>
>   qsTr("Guess a number between %1 and %2").arg(minNumber).arg(maxNumber)

Hi,  @jjazeix

Should I use

  qsTr("Guess a number between %1 and %2").arg(minNumber).arg(maxNumber)

in js file as min and maxNumber can be accessed from there and also then there will be no use of objective and we can delete the objective attribute as well and instead of hard coding the values of max and min in data file it will be easier. Should I do this ?

Thanks