Rebuild and Redesign Edu.kde.org Website

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Dec 26 03:25:52 GMT 2019

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 2:59 PM Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi Himanshu,

Hi Aleix,

> That could be an interesting. I'm not so sure about Hugo, I'd say we
> should be using the same tech that we have been using on the rest of
> our KDE websites, CC'd kde-www for feedback there.

Hugo is one of two site generators we've been using, and from my
understanding processes sites faster (better for bigger sites) and is
able to handle translations (something Jekyll can't really do).

It has limited use at the moment as most sites have gone with Jekyll,
but we'll definitely be using it with some larger sites in the future.

> Regarding redesign, if you have something we want us to agree with, it
> would be interesting if you presented it so there can be a discussion.
> I don't think there's a phabricator task about edu.kde.org, but it
> could be in order.
>
> Regards,
> Aleix

Cheers,