D25645: New UI to allow the user to modify the stretch being used.

Hy Murveit noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 7 20:05:19 GMT 2019

murveit added a comment.

  Thanks for the review and testing Jasem.
  I addressed your tooltip-concern in my latest update.
  I don't quite understand how to respond to your other concern (re hiding the contols).

  Here's my confusion: It's true that I'm taking a bit of space at the bottom of the display (as little as I could, but some space for sure).
  If I added a button to hide the controls and put it on the bottom near the other controls, it would wind up taking the same vertical space,
  so I don't see a benefit there.
  I could put the hide button on the top bar, away from the other stretch buttons, where the previous stretch button was.
  There it seems redundant to the new bottom left button, and the physical distance could be confusing, but I suppose I could do that.
  It could be exactly the same as the new bottom-left-button, but then there would be no way of hiding the controls when stretch is
  active. In the end I worry that this hiding makes things harder to understand.
  What do you recommend?

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars