D25645: New UI to allow the user to modify the stretch being used.

Hy Murveit noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 2 07:11:54 GMT 2019

murveit added a comment.

  Rob: Thanks for describing the bug related to the slider value display. I was able to reproduce and fix. You should not see that behavior anymore.

  At this point I know Rob would like to see more visual feedback somehow related to the slider value.
  I'm hoping we can delay that, as I don't have a clear idea of what to do, and I think this interface as it stands can work well.
  So, if you're willing, could we try the current way, and then I'd be happy to add something else if we think of an improvement?

  Jasem: I know you said you'd prefer push-buttons to check-boxes.
  Happy to do that, if you still feel that way. Please let me know what text for the buttons.
  One possibility is:

  - When stretch is enabled: "Stretching" and the button would be highlighted.
  - When stretch is not enabled: Not Stretching" and button is not highlighted.

  Honestly, though, I think the current stretch checkbox is clearer.

  Please let me know if there any other issues I haven't addressed.
  Hy

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars