D25645: New UI to allow the user to modify the stretch being used.

Robert Lancaster noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 1 17:54:25 GMT 2019

lancaster added a comment.

  My first observation is that I am very impressed!  This is an awesome and sorely needed functionality and you did it so fast!!!

  My second observation is that I don't know what these sliders are doing.  Yes Jasem is right, labels and/or icons are great.  Are these black point, white point, and midtones sliders?  Or are they highlights and shadows sliders?  Or are they contrast sliders for highlights midtones and shadows?

  I'm not sure if this is possible, but one nice thing a number of photo programs do is give feedback in the histogram as you drag sliders like these showing you how it is changing, like showing the histogram updating automatically as you go, and also maybe showing the cutoff points if that is being adjusted.

  And a serious issue:  Your interface works wonderfully on data with integer numbers of counts, but fails when given doubles or floats.  Try opening a stacked image after processing it in pixinsight.  If you move the sliders back and forth it alternates between all black and all white instead of slowly changing the image as it does with a raw file.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars