D22935: Tooltips in Html Table

Devanshu Agarwal noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 7 00:53:08 BST 2019

devanshuagarwal updated this revision to Diff 63246.
devanshuagarwal edited the summary of this revision.
devanshuagarwal added a comment.

  I have created a new class "MyTextEdit" in "generalTest" which is derived from "QTextEdit".

  "MyTextEdit" is able to show separate tooltips for different words. At an internal level, it stores the ranges of the cursor on which tooltip is to be shown in AVL Tree and then reproduces the tooltip whenever the mouse hovers on that range.

  I have used AVLTree because it is self-balanced Binary Search Tree. Here insertions operations are limited but the number of search operations are huge. This gives us the performance of O(logn). The reason for not using a simple map to store range and tooltips is the huge number of search operations.

  I have introduced new tags to represent tooltips in the feature-rich string.  This makes all insert operations in avl tree object abstract to the user of MyTextEdit.

  The tags can be used as
  [tooltip][data]"data to present"[/data][tip]"tool tip for data"[/tip][/tooltip]

  "The data to present" and "tooltip for data" can by feature rich string

REPOSITORY
  R262 LabPlot

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D22935?vs=63089&id=63246

AFFECTED FILES
  src/CMakeLists.txt
  src/backend/generalTest/CorrelationCoefficient.cpp
  src/backend/generalTest/GeneralTest.cpp
  src/backend/generalTest/GeneralTest.h
  src/backend/generalTest/HypothesisTest.cpp
  src/backend/generalTest/MyTextEdit.cpp
  src/backend/generalTest/MyTextEdit.h
  src/kdefrontend/generalTest/GeneralTestView.cpp
  src/kdefrontend/generalTest/GeneralTestView.h