Last minute GSoC proposal with Roks - anyone interested in mentoring?

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 03:23:42 BST 2019

I'm unsure if this applicant contacted the KDE Edu team in advance, but I
heard nothing from them until seeing this proposal this morning.

The short description of the proposal:

"As a student, I use graphs in almost everything related to my master’s
research. Graph Theory is a great mathematical tool for programmers and
mathematicians, as it facilitates some computational problems resolution
and modelling. However, is not always easy to understand the underlying
theory and algorithms.

"Rocs (https://kde.org/applications/education/rocs) is a Graph Theory IDE
created in January of 2010, with new updates still being committed almost
every month, currently in the KDE repositories, designed for lecturers,
students and researchers. It is composed of a visual data structure and a
powerful scripting engine in Javascript. Though useful for creating simple
graphs, it is still lacking the tools to simplify the creation of bigger
graphs, and also of basic graph theory algorithms for beginners. Another
improvement it should have is a step by step execution system, in order to
fully comprehend the algorithms and facilitate debugging."

If you are interested in mentoring but have not yet been invited to the
app, please write KDE-Soc-Management at kde.org and tell us what
google-connected email address you want us in use. Also, subscribe to
KDE-Soc-Mentor mail list:

If you're already a mentor, you can mark "I want to mentor" on the proposal
page. I believe that we can still comment on the draft and the student can
read it, although we are not allowed to consider the draft in our
consideration of which students to accept.

All the best,

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez