D16058: Move "Remember Job Progress" to Scheduler option pane.

Eric Dejouhanet noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 10 13:21:54 BST 2018

TallFurryMan added a comment.

  A few notes for clarity, and for you to shout if you disagree in advance:

  The full history to come for this differential updates the UI to show the completed/total count of frames in the job table.
  The use case **"I Want To Restart Captures From Scratch"** will be obtained with the button "Reset Jobs", which will reset both state and capture count.

  Following the comments, I will change the resetJobs function to enable the user to reset the state and count of a single job, when that job is being edited (could be "selected" only if it's clearer for the end-user).
  This will serve the use case **"I Want To Restart This Particular Capture From Scratch"**.

  And after thinking over your comments a bit more, I will rework this differential to introduce a new option, "Always Reset Sequence When Starting", and connect this to ignoreJobProgress, defaulting to No.
  This will have the same (with meaning inverted) effect as "Remember Job Progress" had, except "Remember Job Progress" is now for the Scheduler module, and "Always Reset Sequence When Starting" is for the Capture module.
  This will serve the use case **"Anytime I Press Start, I Want All Jobs Processed"**.
  "Remember Job Progress" will override "Always Reset Sequence When Starting" through the used of capturedFrameMap.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars