D17182: Fixing StarProfileViewer and Adding Sliders to Histogram

Robert Lancaster noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 27 07:07:06 GMT 2018

lancaster added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mutlaqja wrote in fitsview.cpp:1438
> Maybe this has to do with QPointer? IMO, QPointer doesn't delete the object, just tells you if it is null. If you do "this", the widget follow the "parent". So if the parent is destroyed, it gets destroyed as well.

I suspected it was that the object was being destroyed when the Widget is closed.  The odd thing here is that the StarProfileWidget object still exists and as does the parent fits view.  I was able to print out information about the different properties of each object.  But when it is told to come up after having been closed, the Widget is basically empty.  its contents still exist, but none of them are visible.   Trying to force them to be visible didn't work either.  but changing the parent to a nullptr when making the viewer miraculously worked.

REPOSITORY
  R321 KStars