D17120: Implement zooming with Ctrl+mouse wheel

Yuri Chornoivan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 23 11:58:49 GMT 2018

yurchor marked an inline comment as done.
yurchor added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> tcanabrava wrote in view.cpp:3691-3712
> It seems that you are interpolating by hand, why don't you try to use something like a QEasingCurve + a QPropertyAnimation?

Because switching to QPropertyAnimation cannot be done without complete rewriting half of KmPlot classes and breaks the whole current structure. There should be implemented some property of View to hold the current viewport to tie it up with QPropertyAnimation, then it should be connected with some timer and updates, and maybe other things, I'm not a skilled Qt programmer... It is easy to use QEasingCurve and QPropertyAnimation when the widget is ready for this. View is a different thing now. It might be the stunning implementation with 6 lines, but it is impossible now.

The proposed patch just works. People wanted this for more than 10 years (21 votes).

Sorry.

> tcanabrava wrote in view.h:637-640
> What's TL and BR? Be explicit in the code.

"TopLeft" and "BottomRight". Fixed in the new version.

REPOSITORY
  R334 KmPlot