D12913: Golden ratio point

raoul bourquin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 16 14:15:04 UTC 2018

bourquin added a comment.

  Actually a good question, which point we want to return. We should take the most usual convention. In natural language, I'd define the ratio as: 'short to long equals long to whole'. OTOH doing the well known construction [1] results in the other point. Personally, I don't have a preference.

  We could return both points, but I'm not sure how good this is, especially for teaching.
  Then, in principle there is also the outer ratio point. I'm not sure what to do with that one.

  [1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Goldener_Schnitt_Konstr_beliebt.svg

REPOSITORY
  R331 Kig