Proposal discussion for Cantor: Python 3 as the only backend officially supported

Filipe Saraiva filipe at kde.org
Mon Jan 8 18:10:31 UTC 2018

Hello gearheads,

Yesterday I wrote a post in my blog about a proposal to Cantor.
Currently, Cantor has 11 backends but most of them are not maintained.
The consequence is several backends are broken or not working as
expected. I waste a lot of time trying to fix backends I don't use, and
I don't have time to work in new features for Cantor itself.

My proposal is officially maintain only Python 3 backend, move the other
backends to a community/third-party repository and, if someone cares
about them, release some of them as extensions in KDE Store.

This way I can work better with Cantor.

Just to say, I tried in past solve it inviting developers to be
co-maintainers of the backends, but it does not work as I expected.

I would like to present it to KDE community and hear you.

The post with more information is in http://blog.filipesaraiva.info/?p=1897

Cheers!

--
Filipe Saraiva