KDE-Edu has been invited to an education event in Brussels

Paul Brown paul.brown at kde.org
Mon Feb 26 13:01:38 UTC 2018

On Monday, 26 February 2018 13:38:20 CET Timothée Giet wrote:
> Le 26/02/2018 à 09:27, Paul Brown a écrit :
> > On Friday, 23 February 2018 22:02:30 CET Paul Brown wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> We are looking to extend the range of events we go to so we can reach a
> >> larger audience. One thing we have been talking about is trying to reach
> >> more teachers. Thanks to your work, this is something we can do, so we
> >> have
> >> been looking for events where teachers, school principals, and parents
> >> may
> >> congregate.
> >>
> >> The other day someone sent me this:
> >>
> >> https://educode.be/
> >>
> >> I talked to the organiser and he says the organisation would be very
> >> happy
> >> that we participated. We can have a booth (at no cost), run workshops,
> >> stage demos, give talks, etc.
> >>
> >> Note that this is not an event where you would go to talk with other
> >> developers. The technical behind-the-scenes aspects of your software is
> >> unimportant for the audience that will attend. This is a place where
> >> teachers, students and parents with possibly zero programming knowledge
> >> will want to test your software and check its usefulness in the
> >> classroom.
> >>
> >> This means, apart from your knowledge of the applications themselves (due
> >> to having created them), your experience in teaching, or your experience
> >> of working with teachers, students and schools who used the software,
> >> will also be helpful.
> >
> > Does anybody have any comments on this?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Paul
>
> Hi,
>
> I would be interested to present GCompris there, like a small talk/demo.

Yes. If I understand right, there will have a demo area where students,
parents, teachers and school principals will be able to try FLOSS classroom
applications.

> Also would be interested to have a booth to show it, if others are
> interested we could have a nice KDE-edu booth.

They have also offered us this, so we can have a couple machines with KDE-Edu
applications for 1-on-1 demos. They say we can also take stickers and so on.

> Others motivated?

As an ex-teacher, I would like to go with you. I think GCompris would be a
great application to show at the event.

It looks like the best days to go would be the 27th and 28th.

Cheers

Paul
--
Promotion & Communication